The Open Society Foundations deploy resources where the climate crisis intersects with other critical issues, including human rights and economic justice. Our nascent but fast-growing work on climate seeks to support vulnerable and excluded communities who are most at risk from the impact of climate change.
SEDF makes impact investments in selected geographies that:
- De-risk capital flows into a just energy transformation
- Prove out nature-positive value chains that preserve standing forests
- Enhance adaptation and resilience in vulnerable countries and communities
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Renewable energy systems
- Forest economies
- Climate and resilience insurance
- Off-grid energy
- Precision and climate-smart agriculture strategies
Type of Business Entity
- Direct investments
- Other creative opportunities
All investments are aligned with Open Society’s goal of supporting climate justice.